Now Taking In-Clinic Appointments in Belen, Los Lunas and Alb. South Valley Plus Continued Telehealth.
Please call 505-866-0055 to schedule your appointment!
You may also request to schedule an appointment via our website by clicking the button below.
We are very excited to be serving our communities again! Our top priority is your well-being, safety and health. Together we will get through this tough time.
Thank you for being a valued client of Paradigm Physical Therapy & Wellness. 🙂
Please review this video of the precautions and measures you can expect when visiting one of our clinics.
Welcome to Paradigm Physical Therapy & Wellness, I’m Donald Sanchez Physical Therapist and owner. Here at Paradigm we are immensely concerned about the welfare and safety of our patients and employees.
Because of this Paradigm has put into place policies and procedures from guidelines established by the CDC, HHS, OSHA and the New Mexico Department of Health.
We’ve gone above and beyond these guidelines for physical therapy to ensure your safety and minimize the risk from COVID-19.
OUR PROCESS – For all staff, patients and vendors.
We require a call from the parking lot when you arrive for your appointment…
and we give a health screening questionnaire:
1. Have you felt feverish?
2. New or worsening cough?
3. Shortness of breath?
4. Sore Throat?
6. Traveled out of state recently?
We keep the door locked at all times for everyone’s safety…
Our friendly attendant greets you at the door…
Before entering the reception area for a quick temperature check…
Then it’s off to wash your hands…
Thorough hand washing is a must by all staff, vendors and patients…
Next, we check your blood oxygen level…
And we’re always cleaning and sanitizing as we go……
Even the pens are cycled from new to used…
Only 3 patients allowed in the waiting area with ample social distancing…
No public beverage station or water fountain…
Our PT’s are fully dressed in protective gear throughout your interaction…
Likewise, always practicing safe social distances…
…including consultation and until time of treatment…
Your safety and well being will always be our number one concern…
… no matter where you’re at in our facility…
Clean & Sanitize all common areas
Clean & Sanitize all equipment, implements & devices
Clean & Sanitize refreshing all PPE after each treatment
Experience the Paradigm PT Difference! You really are in good hands!
You can choose where to get your PT! Ask your doctor for a referral to see us!
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, the CDC recommends and we require that you reschedule your appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: Symptoms can manifest anytime between 2 and 14 days from exposure to the virus.
Please seek medical assistance if you have:
- Recently traveled to a destination that has or is experiencing an outbreak or community spread
- Have been in close contact with a confirmed infected individual
- Are experiencing one or more of the above symptoms.
For more information visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. In NM https://cv.nmhealth.org/ call the Corona Virus hotline at 1-855-600-3453
Paradigm Physical Therapy and Wellness, Inc. has long recognized the potential for service interruptions due to adverse events, including a public health crisis like COVID-19. We have a business continuity program in place to protect our employees, as well as our operations and critical business functions. In response to the Corona Virus Pandemic, we are implementing a work from home policy for many of our employees, and have enacted appropriate contingency plans for our entire employee population. Employees are committed to delivering high quality patient care to our customers. Please note that like other companies and industries, there may be temporary disruptions during this time. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
We understand that you rely on us for patient care and it is our commitment to be there when you need us. Please continue to reach out to us online or via the phone if you have any questions or issues.
As a healthcare organization, we take the responsibility of protecting the health and well-being of our employees, and in turn, our communities, very seriously. We will continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation and provide further updates.
COVID-19 Precautions & Practices
As part of our standard business practices, especially during flu season, we implement additional measures and precautions to reduce the potential spread of respiratory virus type illnesses at our clinics following the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and CDC Guidelines.
Precautionary Measures Recommended by the CDC:
At this time, the CDC has advised that the COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving, and the risk assessment is being updated frequently. The following practices to reduce the spread of illness as recommended by the CDC are as follows:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue (NOT your hands), then dispose of directly in a trash receptacle
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household disinfectant cleaning fluids and/or disinfectant wipes
- Follow CDC’s recommendations regarding the use of face masks
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Precautionary Measures at our Clinics:
As determined by Federal and State Authorities, including New Mexico State Governor Grisham’s orders Paradigm Physical Therapy & Wellness is deemed an essential service. We are taking the following precautions at our clinics to ensure patients, staff and providers are in the safest environment possible:
- All staff are subject to daily health screening and tracking (temperature and symptom screening/tracking) before entering the premises
- All patients will be screened prior to each clinic visit to assess for risk of contact exposure or symptoms prior to entry. Should we identify any risk, the appointment will be rescheduled.
- Each physical therapist will only schedule 1 in clinic patient per hour.
- Only necessary staff will be in the clinic at one time, with no overlap in schedules
- Each physical therapist and patient will have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available for use while on the treatment floor
- All equipment, common areas, entry and exit doors and access areas will be sanitized hourly
- All highly touched items will be removed from the waiting area
- Patient waiting areas will have chairs separated, to continue to maintain the practice of physical & social distancing
- Common use areas like water stations will be closed and considered off limits
- Patient over the age of 65, and those with a compromised immune system or other high-risk ailment, will be encouraged to speak with their physician and physical therapist for proper guidance to determine if it is recommended to attend in-clinic therapy, or to utilize Telehealth, or postpone treatment to a later date.
- All therapeutic areas and equipment will continue to be sanitized before, during and after each patient
As additional information becomes available, we will take appropriate action to continue to protect the health and welfare of our patients and staff. We want to reassure current and prospective patients that during this time of heightened awareness, we continue to provide quality care while meeting and exceeding recommendations of OSHA the CDC.
For additional information regarding COVID-19, please visit these additional websites:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
National Institute for Health:
From the World Health Organization: